Angelo Sarno is the founding and managing partner of the law firm Sarno da Costa D’Aniello Maceri. He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a matrimonial attorney.
Angelo Sarno is a distinguished family law attorney, representing clients in various complex matrimonial cases throughout New Jersey. In 2014, Angelo received national recognition for his involvement in representing the parents in the matter Rachel Canning vs. Sean and Elizabeth Canning, a case that involved a lawsuit between a daughter and her parents. In addition, on September 25, 2014, Angelo Sarno’s successful arguments before the State Supreme Court in Maeker v. Ross established a legal precedent for the matrimonial law community. The unanimous Supreme Court, agreeing with Angelo’s arguments, ruled that oral palimony agreements entered into prior to the New Jersey Legislature’s amendment to the Statute of Frauds remain enforceable. In addition, Angelo Sarno co-authored a book titled New Jersey Family Law Forms for the New Jersey Law Journal.
Angelo has lectured and presented seminars for the American Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys, New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly ATLA – NJ Educational Foundation), and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Angelo has also taught the Family Law Paralegal Program course at Fairleigh Dickinson University. He has also provided legal commentary with a panel of experts on the O.J. Simpson custody case for the NJ8 News with Lynn Doyle.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Seton Hall University, B.A., cum laude, 1992
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Matrimonial Attorney
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- Family Law Executive Committee, Member
- Essex County Bar Association
- Due Diligence Committee, Member
- Somerset County Bar Association
- Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance of New Jersey, Affiliate
Honors & Accolades
Angelo has been recognized by the following:
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Family Law: 2005-2024
- Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®
- New Jersey Super Lawyers: 2005-2023
- New Jersey Top 100: 2006, 2007, 2018–2023
- New Jersey Top 50 Women: 2005–2009, 2011–2022
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.