Michael J. Stanton, of Counsel to the firm, devotes his practice exclusively to matrimonial law.
He is Certified as a Matrimonial Law Arbitrator by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and trained as a Matrimonial Law Mediator as required by New Jersey Court Rule 1:40. He has experience in all aspects of matrimonial law, including divorce litigation, complex valuation, and distribution issues concerning businesses, professional practices, stock options, and other professional and executive benefits, alimony, child support, custody and parenting issues, visitation rights, domestic violence, pre-nuptial agreements, palimony, arbitration, and mediation.
Michael has been a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers for over twenty years and a member of the New Jersey Bar Association (NJSBA) since 1979, where he served as a Section/Committee Trustee. He served as Chair of the NJSBA Family Law Section and has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section for more than twenty years. Michael also served on the NJSBA Military Law and Veterans’ Affairs Committee and Long-Term Planning Committee, was Chair of the Fee Arbitration Committee, and was a member of the District XIII Ethics Committee.
Michael has lectured in numerous family law programs and has authored numerous articles for the Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, and other organizations.
In 2010, he was selected by the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association to receive the Saul A. Tischler Award, a prestigious lifetime achievement award, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the practice of family law.
· Wist v. Wist, 101 NJ 509 (1986) Argila v. Argila, 256 NJ Super 484 (App. Div, 1992)
- New Jersey
- Certified by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as a Matrimonial Law Arbitrator
Memberships [Professional or Trade Affiliations]
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Associate for Justice
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance of New Jersey, Affiliate
Honors & Accolades
Michael has been recognized by the following:
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Family Law: 2005-2024
- Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®
- New Jersey Super Lawyers: 2005-2023
- “Saul A. Tischer Award,” New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2010
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.