Mitchell A. Dornfeld is an experienced personal injury trial lawyer at Sarno da Costa D’Aniello Maceri. Mitch aggressively advocates on behalf of his clients who have suffered life-changing injuries because of the negligence or wrongdoing of others, to obtain the compensation and justice they deserve.
After graduating from the University of Miami School of Law, Mitch served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Richard C. Wischusen, J.S.C. Since joining the firm, Mitch has served as co-counsel on a nearly 2-month-long trial on a birth injury case that resulted in a multi-million-dollar settlement prior to the verdict and established Supreme Court precedent in the State of New Jersey. He has also secured numerous substantial settlements for his clients in cases involving motor vehicle and trucking accidents, wrongful death claims, and all types of premises liability claims including slip and falls, snow and ice accidents, and defective and hazardous property conditions.
Mitch is a committed, detail-oriented, and strategic litigator. He is well known for stepping into the shoes of his clients and familiarizing himself with the “ins and outs” of their daily pain and suffering to be able to best present their injuries and damages to insurance companies and juries.
Outside of practicing law, Mitch is passionate about health and fitness. He is an active member of The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for victims who have sustained a traumatic brain injury due to motor vehicle accidents, falls, and other causes.
- New Jersey
- Southern District Court, District of New Jersey
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of Miami Business School, B.A., 2014
Memberships [Professional or Trade Affiliations]
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey
Honors & Accolades
Mitchell has been recognized by the following:
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Ones to Watch, Personal Injury – Plaintiffs: 2024
- Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®
- New Jersey Rising Stars, Personal Injury – Plaintiffs: 2023-2024
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.